Saturday, April 24, 2021

Emotions Stirred Up With Paint

 It was one of those weekends when it was a harder weekend then normal. Ever have one of those days then it turns into a few days? Yet you have  social functions so you put it all up on a shelf and work it out later. Recently I had one of those days. 

Some people eat their emotions. I try to paint mine out. Lord knows I have eaten my share of  emotions. However I am trying to redirect the need to eat fudge or chocolates. Which really a bite here and there is fine but this day required some stirring of the paints. Feeling blue in my heart, gray day and trying to find the light. What colors does that produce. Some blue, some gray, some black and some yellow and white. 

I started around 6:30am. It gets warm by early afternoon here in Palm Desert so starting early inspired me and I am fresh.  I love blasting the music and on this day is was the Lady Gaga station.  It took me over six hours to create these four pieces. I mixed, I poured, I sponged, I brushed. It was so therapeutic.  

"Emotions Stirred" by Elizabeth Traub

I wanted to create a series. With some pouring, some sponging, some passes with the paint brush this was to my delight something I love. As every artist knows it takes hours to complete a finished piece. There is always one more pass with the brush, and then the mistakes that require more brush strokes and then you stand back and either love it or scrap it. 

What was happening in my thoughts, my heart and my soul was deeper than I can write about as it involves my family. I am the mother of five, a daughter-in-love, and three more that my partner has. I love them all and am learning how to navigate the adult friendships unique to each of them. Friendships with grown children are not a one size fits all. They are growing, learning, as am I. I am truly blessed to have friendships with each one of them. 

During the six hours of painting I committed all nine of them to prayer. It thrilled my heart to be in thoughtful and intentional prayer. I know their stories. Their success, their challenges, and the struggles of adulting. I am so glad that I can play my small part in praying over each one of them through a creative outlet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.