Monday, November 2, 2020

Social Connections

Social Connections are very very very very important. I cannot type enough, "very" but it is true. 


I was at the ATM making a deposit. When I first drove up there was no one around so I did not put on a mask. Shortly after I started my transaction a woman walked up wearing her mask. She kept the safe distance and waited for me. 

After I finished she started talking to me. 

Shes said, "Hello there.  You have a beautiful smile."

At first I  though I was going to be shamed for not wearing a mask. Instead she told me that I had a beautiful smile. She said it felt so good to see a smile.  Her voice was sweet and kind.

Then she said, "Actually you are a beautiful woman."

I admit my heart soured. Coming off a week of work, feeling tired and exhausted, and this sweet masked lady connecting with me, a stranger. Why am I blogging about this today?  What is my point.  I told this sweet gal, "You are a delightful and joyful human. Thank you."  What she said next is beautiful.

She said, " We may be masked, and we may be ordered to social distance, but we do not have to stop social connecting."

I got into my car and smiled. I looked in my mirror and thought, "beautiful smile" indeed.  We have lost the smiles we see in people's faces with a mask. We are social distancing and involuntarily isolated for the fears of a virus. 

This woman inspired me. Social Connections are what we are born into. From the minute we are conceived, born, and life as we have known it our entire lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.