Sunday, May 31, 2015

Motherhood Post 465......

I find myself, as of late sharing my mothering experiences. If I had just one or two children those might be fewer and further in-between, but then with five kids well the words flow more often.
This commute is crazy. I mean look at the traffic.
I still can not believe I get to experience motherhood. Goodness I love being a mom.  Perhaps that might be why I keep writing about it.
Ethan just taking it all in. Moo!
My boys and I have settled on a small ranch which has been my dream since I was 18 years old.  One weekend last Fall I just sat in my car crying. Crying because it really feels good to just sit before God and cry it out. I was asking God to just show me what should be next, and I actually said to God, "I would just like to live the dream of my youth."  Living in an old farm house in the middle of nowhere is not what most young girls dream, but I did. I thought I would be a famous writer and write as I gazed out across the farm. That same day, a young woman walked into my store and said, "Hey I know you are looking for a place to live, I have an old farm house on my property."  NO FREAKING KIDDING!!!!!  God, in his awesome, answer my prayer and bless my soul kind of way is taking care of this mother and her dreams. The housing market in this small community is challenging to say the least.
My driveway takes me breath away. Thank you God!
What needed to come with that farm house was a sturdy four wheel drive rig. Again, shopping for an SUV and well to be honest, I never had to drive a used car. I have owned few cars and rolled them brand new off a lot and drove four years and years.  I could not see with starting two new business's and the thought of financing a car...no.  I again sat and asked God to give me direction in even how to buy a car. I am not car savvy when it comes to used cars and that day. As I was pondering SUV ideas and wandering from one car lot to another Emily texts me and says, "Gordon is here what do I do with him." Ahhh Gordon Harris. He is older and wiser and has a sound business mind. He will have some good advise are buying a used car.  I asked him about car buying. Right there he told me was selling his SUV because he had just bought a brand new car. He said I could have it for the money I was able to pay.  Did God just do this or am I living in a world of luck and coincidence?
I named him "Chocolate Chip" as he greets me each morning. 
Back to motherhood.  How does this post even read about my kids and being a mother. Taking care of my kids is very important to me. Seeing that they are safe and have a home that is cozy and fun.  Asking God in this journey of being a mother that  would be able to sustain a home and safe vehicle as living where I now live has challenged my driving skills.
I have no idea who owns these guys, but I often stop to pet them.
My boys have adjusted to this new normal and they love where we live and grumble when we have to be in town, because they would rather be home outside playing. God sustains all things good. Look for that goodness and you will find it smiling at you. Cheers~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.