Saturday, December 3, 2011

Candy Cane Lips

I really don't have candy cane lips. It's just minutes into a new day. My precious little doggy Eddy is cozy next to me sleeping.  The dishwasher humming away.  Usually I am a few hours into my night's sleep, but not tonight.  Tonight I just sit in this semi-quiet house and wonder what it is I should be doing.  Earlier I spent about an hour on ebay.  This was the first time I had ever spent more than two minutes at that sight and I think I just might have followed the trail to some Christmas presents, one sweet little boy who love airplanes.  This clock just might find it's way under the tree.
 I now understand why shopping online is so easy, but I actually think it takes me longer, and I am not really finding exactly what I came to look for, but the rabbit trails take you to places you never think of then an hour later, you are looking at a cute clock. I did not have a clock on my radar.  But this one is so cute.

It has been nice to have this, the first week ending one month and beginning another, much of a quieter unplanned week. Only a couple of meetings that took me away from home.  January is looking to fill up more, so truly going to enjoy these quieter days of December. 

My 24 days of Christmas are kind of different than years past. We have the Nutcracker advent by the front door, like we have since Elliot was four years old.  Believe it or not I still have all the little stuffed ballet pieces.   Emerson adds each day, and I have hidden treats in the pockets, but not one child has found them. They don't know to look. So if you come over, check the pockets.  The next thing that is different is 24 days of coffee cards.  Just a $5.00 value to passed along to strangers. Gas station attendants, out on a walk, allowing the boys to ask God who might need a special blessing. It's going to be fun when they are out of school and we can go down town.  I am hoping that they begin to learn and understand the joy of giving and blessing others.  With kids it's all about the "I want that" with ever commercial and newspaper they read.

If you follows my design blog (skiptomyroom), you might want to take a look in a few days.  I am taking pictures of all my favorite decorated trees. I am sure it will be a colorful page.  Enjoy your weekend, and be sure to smile, hum Christmas tunes, and kiss your husband and children with sticky candycane lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.