Friday, February 11, 2011

Being Teachable

Psalm 86:11-13 
“Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death.”
Teach me your ways?  Am I teachable? Do I have a heart that can be taught? I look at my page of notes from last weeks message in church. I look at my journal, my writing of scripture and my desperation to understand what I am to learn.  Cramming for the test that is to come.  When it does come I pray that I am prepared.  Prepared that my heart will be pure. I can then give honor to God because I studied hard and asked a lot of questions in the process.  
Do you take a verse and break it down. Asking God to truly inscribe the words on your heart. I have to write out scripture to really have His words sink into my heart and mind. And then I do remember.  I was also that kind of student who copied word for word the text of a book into my notes.  Aligned my notes with the text and then I knew I was ready for the test. That is how God designed me to learn.  He has rescued me over and over.  I am better at written instruction than the views and opinions of others. I mean that respectfully to those whom have poured great wisdom into me.  However at times I find myself in situations that I did not intend to go and it's there I need to be rescued and He does rescue.  I give you glory Lord Jesus for your Word and how it speaks to my heart. May I honor You by being teachable.

1 comment:

  1. Darling... I am a note-taker. I need to write it down! It helps me to stay focused especially when I am not the teacher!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.