Tuesday, March 6, 2012

T-D4

"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 
delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm SOMETHING


I was reading in Psalms this evening and came across this verse.  I forgot to note where it came from and now I can not remember and it's to late to go and wander through the passages I was looking through, so for now know this...He will give you the desires of your heart."  Do you ever hear that and think...yeah sure, right, not me?


What good are you doing?  No I mean what intentional, thoughtful, get out of the bad mood kind of good are you doing?  Are you doing good in how you spend your money?  Are you doing good in how you treat your coworkers?  Do you talk behind your bosses back, or your friend's back?  Do you go that extra mile with your kids when they have not said one thank you for anything you have done?


"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."  


What catches my attention about these two verses is that it first says "Trust in the Lord."  Does that trust have anything to do with doing good.  It has everything to do with doing good. For me, I have no other choice but to Trust in the Lord and with intentional, active thought to do some good.  If it were not for me trusting in Him, the Lord, I would most likely do a lot of bad.  With that bad comes the disappointment and lacking in that which I desire.


"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 
delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."  


When I trust in the Lord, and do good I feel safe.  Completely safe and in that safe pasture I take delight in the Lord.  I know that if the rest of the world does not get me, He gets me. I delight that He knows me, my heart, my intentions for good.  The struggles will come as we face the world and it's harshness, the misunderstandings, the hurt and then it comes back to the start of Trusting in the Lord, and even in the midst of all that struggle choosing over and over to do good.


Does He give you the desires of your heart?  Do you know His closeness, experience Him through out the day.  That is my desire and I have a few others which He brings to my heart. It's just a couple of verses, but I always get so giddy and excited over what it means to follow Jesus. What it means to read His Word and the message leaps off the pages and expose more of Him to me.  


"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 
delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."  


I believe that walking with Jesus is a package deal.  It's neatly packaged in these two verses. A message packaged in his word.  Waiting to be torn open and read over and over, hearing what God is speaking, telling me what my responsibility is in walking close with Him. Tonight the reminder of Trusting, Doing Good, Dwelling, Delighting, and guess what He does give me the Desires of my heart.  I could make a cute little logo here T-D4.


My the God who loves to give us good gifts be present in your heart today.
Love and Blessings, Elizabeth



1 comment:

  1. I am so working on the trusting part Elizabeth. As one who was raised that things only happen when we do them, it is hard to let Him take control. Thank you so much for this reminder. He is the one to trust so we need to take a step when called to. Much love to you always.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.