Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day...early

The tenderness of boys.  My eight year old could not wait to give this to me.  A Valentine with a fighter plane in pink.  A mother's treasure.

Another who wants to bless me by reading lots of books. My eyes get heavy and sleepy as I listen. After three books Eric says.."mama you said you loved to listen to me read so that is my present to you."

Emerson shares my candy with me.  Actually I always buy treats for each season and they are in a decorative glass bowl on the dining table. On most days we kind of forget about them, but Emerson brings me a treat, while he holds the other says "this is for your Valentines Day mama".
When my husband says he has to go to the hardware store my first thought is what is captain handy working on?  Nothing on this lazy Sunday. Hmmmmm. Later the smell of something burning and the discovery of candles burning and a vase of a dozen roses.  

It is good to be the wife and mother in this home on a Sunday.  As the day comes to an end, everyone is doing their own thing. I have since blown out the candles. Filled out the card to my husband and secretly placed his box of chocolates in an unsuspecting place.

Love is a verb, it's what we do and how we do it that reminds us that we are loved.  Today all the men, both young and old have shown their love to me.  I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Such sweetness! I love to read how you savor such sweetness!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.