Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Lovie!!

April 1, 2008

This evening I did a practical joke on my husband. I am still laughing and he is still grumbling…with a smile on his face. He too thinks it was a good one.

My husband snacks from about 7pm-10pm every single night. He’s tall, fast metabolism and well anything with sweetness in it is always gobbled up by him. If I have something special for him, I always put a plate of whatever yummy it is in the plate cupboard. That is a sacred place. Every family member knows that treats on that shelf are for Papa.

I had a meeting this evening. As I was walking out the door, I whispered that there was something special for him waiting. Actually when I was trying to tell him I started laughing, and then pretended Ethan had said something funny.

Ten minutes into my drive my cell phone rings. It’s him. He has eaten one of my special treats and starts questioning me.

“What was in that cookie? Was it toothpaste? Tell me you did not feed me toothpaste? Blek..oooh…I can’t get the taste out of my mouth”

I was laughing so hard. I bought little shortbread cookies and a tube of white toothpaste and made a little cookie sandwich, using the toothpaste to look like a cream filling. I made up only five, to make it look like it was what was left over.

I was laughing so hard I could not spit out Aprils Fools Lovie!!!
I am thinking I might want to watch my back or the food I eat for the rest of my life. But then look at his face, does this look like someone who would get mad at me for very long? Not on our life. He's a terrific sport.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, My That is a good one! I bet the look on his face would have been priceless! But, if I were you, I would be very careful what I ate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious...I got hubby too...!!! for the first time ever :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That IS a good one, lol.

    Just think how nice and strong his teeth will be after eating those sweets. Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That was sooo funny. I wish I was in the mood to play some jokes around the house but I just didn't feel like it on April 1st. I do today though so maybe my husband will get a belated April Fools surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.K. I am stealing your idea for next year. I am laughing away!! Laughter really is the best medecine. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's too funny. He's a good sport.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are so naughty, but the fun kind of naughty. I have to remember this. My hubby is a good sport too and he likes his sweets. I have got to get him with this one. Once my girlfriend caught her hubby, who was in the Army at the time and supposed to lose weight, drinking a big gulp from 7-11 so when she came home she brought a case of sodas and put cans hidden all over the place with messages in permanent marker on them like "I know you want me" he got a big kick out of this and so did the rest of the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! I'm going to keep my eye on you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.