Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Journals From My Past January 4, 1991

Journals From My Past January 4, 1991



My 26 year old self wrote the following:

"We find a new hunger and thirst to spend time with Him and stay close to Him. It is through prayer that we see God's love and power at work in our lives and in the lives of the people for who we are praying. "

Discovering How to Pray by Hope McDonald

"You pay God a compliment by asking great things of Him." St. Thereasa of Avila

Dear Father,

I want to learn about prayer in a special way. I am changing in different areas of my life. My excuse for not spending time with you has been fatigue, business, family etc. A funny thing happened last Thursday. I woke up at 6:15am. I didn't want to get out of bed. I didn't want to get out of bed, so I rolled over and picked up my Bible. I don't remember wheat I read but as I was reading Elliot walked in with sleepy eyes and a blanket dragging behind. He asked what I was reading. My response was......"Well Elliot, mommy is reading the Bible and it's so important to spend time with Jesus everyday and to talk with Him about everything." And Father a pit filled my already empty stomach.  Marc and I model our manners, values and are going our best to give Elliot & Emily the security and love they need but wow the most important thing in the world my relationship with with You and you have been put on the back burner. So please forgive me! Also forgive me for not being the example to Elliot & Emily and to Marc. Goodnight for now,

Love, Elizabeth


As I am reading the heart of my 26 year old self with a 2 & 4 year old I think about all the things that kept me so busy. Running a household, trying to be a wife and mother. God is in the middle of all of that. I remember being in a Bible study and being told that if I did not get up at the crack of dawn to spend time with God I was not a good Christian. Yet the message to my son was to include God in everything. I never did become an early riser. Nor did I spend time in God's word at the crack of dawn. God still carries us where we are at. He meets us where we are at in all the hours of each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.