Monday, January 18, 2021

Journals From My Past Monday June 24, 1991

 Journals From My Past Monday June 24, 1991

Dear Father,

I am not sure there are very many mothers in Bellevue who can thank you and smile at the messes their preschoolers make. A valuable lesson was learned this morning. Bless Emily's heart and her sweet intentions to please...a few examples...

-carried bowl to counter after breakfast-big mess-she dropped it

-pushed a chair to sink to do dishes-water & suds EVERWHERE

-wanted to peel her banana-Banana all over the floor-I stepped on it.-

-pulled all her clothes out of the drawer to dress herself

Okay one important detail, this all occurred before 9:00am. My frustration level was beginning to peek, but a silent prayer for patience was quickly answered.-Thank you.

I enjoyed watching Emily work with me to clean-up each mess.  We did it together and togetherness is a valuable word in this family. Emily will continue to help out over and over and I will practice patience. That building up of my patience may be needed later down the road. 

So I smile in my heart and thank you sweet Jesus for answering my prayer and for the character in me you tenderly shape and mold

My prayer requests:

1. Elliot to have wonderful VBS experience

2. Increase my miles

3. Smile even when I don't feel like it.

Being a young mother is not easy. I truly believe that God showed up in the answers to my prayers. Those times when the messes seem unbearable I was able to call out to God and ask for that extra ounce of patience and I would feel a wave of peace and patience over me. Truly I am blessed to know that even today, some 25 years later I can still whisper a prayer of patience when I feel less patience.


I love you Jesus,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.