Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Beautiful Things for Today

I took this beautiful walk in Palm Desert this past week and these are the beautiful things for today. While the nation is under quarantine I have the complete joy and blessing of being in a beautiful place. Life does not feel any different today than it did a month ago. Having already had habits of being home, kids home-schooling, and being somewhat of a food hoarder anyway has had no ill-affect on our family.  I have been dong lots of walking. On this particular walk I decided that rather than just walk past all the beautiful gardens and flowers I would actually stop and study them.

I have never been that person who can identify the flowers. My sister Marantha and my close friend Amanda can identify any plant I have ever come across. As I sit in the morning cool air, a hummingbird close by, and the birds all singing their own tunes I reflect on yesterday's walk and it's beauty. In times of uncertainty, a deadly virus and economically hard times I find I can weather it all by looking for the beautiful things for today.

While I was walking and snapping pictures of so many beautiful flowers. This song came onto my Pandora. I just started crying. Because the words are amazing to the culture of our world. Take a moment to listen. Close your eyes and listen to the words.

Beautiful Things by Gunger



After listening and continuing my walk I just felt this overwhelming sense of peace.  A crisis gives us time to reflect and we have a choice. To wallow in fear and uncertainty or to look at what is in front of us and the beautiful things. Nature, and the beautiful humans in our lives.  Enjoy the photos below from a lovely walk. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.