Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Other Mother




Why “My Other Mother” blog, twitter and fanpage?  I have been asked that it seems I am juggling a lot these days.  When “My Other Mother” popped up that too resulted in few emails asking me what I was up to.  I thought I would  give meaning and definition to this part of my life.

A few months ago, my young business partner suggested I have a new website called “My Other Mother”.  Suggesting that since I mentor so many young people in that 20-something crowd, it would be a great way to get my message out there directly.  Basically my message is simply to encourage each person who calls on me, in the truth of how to live life through the eyes, the heart, and the ministry of Jesus as written in the Bible. I am not introducing great ideas and opinions that I have come up with on my own.  Those who have sat under my mentoring know that with the questions that are asked, the processes of life on any level I will go to the Bible and seek out the truth, directing always our hearts to the heart of Jesus.

I have written many journals, pages and pages of notes taken over the hearts and the struggles of many.  Writing down questions and asking God to guide my answers.  Now, all that being said, I now have a platform in which to send out the message of Jesus through encouragements and inspirations.  In the same way I use my business accounts in Social Media, to deliver a message, I now use “My Other Mother” in the same way.  Only the message is geared more towards the heart of who we are and how we choose to live as we walk with Christ.

I am also inviting others into “My Other Mother” to write and share some of their wisdom in pouring into others.  I have met many amazing young people who live lives that teach me so much about being a grown up in this world.  In their own experiences and process we learn how to love more, in how Jesus calls us to love.

As I have learned how to use Social Media for my business platforms, I now see the value in using Social Media for the things I do in real time, doing them now online.  God’s message of truth no longer limited to my home office, a coffee shop, or a speaking engagement. God’s message is now being delivered to those, whom I have never met in that Social Media Space.  My hope is that my life, my imperfections, my flaws, and my desire to make a difference in this world will encourage you.  I am not your mother, nor am I equipped to take in strangers to my home and my own family. However I am equipped to offer that listening ear and direct your heart to Jesus through simple statements of truth.

If you are interested in having one of your own stories of either mentoring or being mentored I would love to hear from you. 

Take a moment to visit the website: http://my-other-mother.com/
Like the Facebook fanpage:  My Other Mother
Hope on twitter and follow: @myothermother  

Together, we can use Social Media as a platform to pour into the hearts of those that are broken, those are seeking encouragement and inspiration. God shows us favor and blessing when we seek to honor Him in all we say and do. Blessing, Elizabeth

P.S. I want to thank Matt Morrison for his work on building all these platforms in Social Media,  I love that he, a young man I mentored, and the women in his life who came to me.  Life is truly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so please take a moment to comment.